Jaco is a powerful script that creates a new level of ease for website owners to understand the usability of their websites. Jaco exists to make the web better for end-users, and it is only available to websites that share that goal.
Information We Collect About You
- You hereby confirm that You have been granted permission to collect the Visitors' Information from the users of your website. Jaco shall bear no liability for any damages arising from claim regarding the collection of data from the visitors of Your Website.
- Information gathered using Out Services cannot be provided to third parties for the purpose of assembling exchanging or selling customer profiles.
- Use and maintain Your list of excluded elements in Our configuration to ensure that You never record sensitive information related to credit cards, government-issued IDs, etc. Even if Your website aready stores this sort of data for its own functionality, it isn’t relevant for Us, and so We want to never see it.
How We Use The Information We Collect
If you are a Jaco User, we may use your information to:
- Process transactions between you and Jaco.
- Send emails about our Site or respond to inquiries.
- Send emails and updates about Jaco, including newsletters.
If you are a visitor to a website that uses Jaco, we may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve user experience, our Site, or Jaco.
- Monitor data to ensure that it complies with our Terms of Service.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Jaco.
Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
If you are a Jaco User, You may review, edit and/or remove the personal information You provided to Us by logging into Your account on the Site and editing Your account.
How Jaco Collects Information
Jaco uses several technologies in order to collect the information from Your computer/device and about Your activities on the Site:
- Information Collected Automatically: We automatically collect information from Your device and/or browser when You use or visit the Site. This information includes IP address, Your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that Your browser previously accepted from Us and the referring site address.
- Information regarding Your Location: We may, after receiving Your consent by responding to a notification sent to You, collect information regarding Your GPS-based geographic location. Such geographic information will only be collected whilst the Site is running.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track Your use of the Website. We also may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables Us to customize the services we offer visitors to the Website to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of Our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
If you wish to prevent all sites using Jaco to be able to record your activity, you can opt out. Opting out will create a cookie that tells Jaco to turn off recording. The presence of this cookie is required to continue opting out, so if you clear your browser cookies, you will have to opt out again. (We regret that there isn't a better way to make your opt out more permanent, but due to technical reasons, this really is the best we can do at present.)
If You are considering opting out, it's probably a good time to make sure You really understand that the purpose of Jaco is to help well-intentioned companies make their site better for You. It is emphatically not one of those we track You around the web kind of deals. We think that's creepy, too. Most people who make websites are just like You: nice people who want to do a good job and make something awesome. And You wouldn't believe how much time and energy product teams spend trying to make their websites great for You. Without Jaco, though, they simply do not have enough information to understand when they get it wrong. If they can see how You actually experience their site, like an ongoing usability study, they'll actually know what to improve!
Third Party Access to Your Information
We will never sell Your data to third parties. However, in the course of business, we may hire third party individuals and organizations to help Us make Jaco better. These third parties include our web host, other SaaS providers, such as an email hosting service, or outside contractors We hire to perform maintenance or assist Us in securing Our Site. We may also hire third parties to operate, maintain, repair, or otherwise improve or preserve Our Site or its underlying files or systems. We require Our service providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the personal information that We provide to them secure. We do not permit Our service providers to market their own products or services to You directly..
in addition, We may also disclose Your information under the following circumstances:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise Our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in Our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Company, Our Users, Our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of Our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We take measures to enhance the security of Our Site and the Jaco service. These measures include using SSL Certificates. It is important for You to protect against unauthorized access to Your password and to Your computer. No security measures are perfect and We cannot promise that the information about You will remain secure in all circumstances.
Do Not Track Signal
Our site is intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
How to Contact Us